Omi International Arts Center hosts international visual artists, writers, musicians and dancers on 300 acres in the Hudson Valley region of New York, amidst a 10-acre contemporary sculpture park, The Fields Sculpture Park.
Omi International Arts Center has four distinct residency programs:
- Art Omi International Artists Residency invites 30 visual artists from around the world every July for a four-week residency
- Writers Omi hosts 40 writers and translators from around the world for up to two months each year
- Music Omi brings together 12-15 musicians/composers from around the world in August for three weeks
- Dance Omi brings together 10 dancers/choreographers from around the world for three weeks in late August
Through a competitive jury process, residents are chosen and invited to attend at no cost to themselves, except travel. Abundant, catered meals and comfortable, beautiful lodgings are provided.
Ghent, New York: United States
Application is open to visual artists from all over the world who have been professionally active for at least the past 3 years. We don’t accept applications from artists currently enrolled in either a BFA or MFA. We accept applications from PhD students or from professional artists, with at least 3 years of experience, currently enrolled in a master degree other than in the Arts. Please note: having studied art is NOT a requirement: we accept applications from self-taught professional artists.
Facilities & Services
- Housing: Private bedroom in a shared housing facility, Shared bedroom
Visual artists sleep 2 to a room; all other programs have private rooms.
- Meals: Some meals are provided
- Computer/internet access: Computer and internet connection provided in common area (shared), Wireless Internet
- Accessibility: housing/grounds/studios are accessible
Living quarters, studios, and public areas are wheelchair accessible.
- Studios/special equipment: Dance / Choreography, Exhibition / Installation, Music studio (non-recording), Painting, Printmaking, Sculpture, Woodworking