The Guest Curator Program supports mid-career to senior curators in media arts. We are open to proposals including screening events, installations, audio and new media works. Please contact Vicki Chau, Programs & Outreach Coordinator, for detailed specs on venue and technical capabilities prior to your submission.
1. Please provide a bio and written curatorial objective, including a list of potential work(s), or work(s) akin to those that you hope to present. If accepted to the program, the curator is expected to administer all aspects of the curatorial process with support from EMMEDIA staff.
2. The curator is expected to write an 800 – 1000 word curatorial essay about the show for publication.
3. Outline an itemized budget breakdown for the estimated costs. Projects that are accepted receive a budget of $2,000.00. The curator is expected to pay shipping and screening fees to the distributor and/or artists from this fee. CARFAC OR IMAA rates are used as fee guidelines when the work chosen is not rented from a Canadian distributor.
4. EMMEDIA provides access to suites to master the program and costs of promotion materials, and tape stock. EMMEDIA also provides hospitality, staffing and technical support for the presentation event.
5. Accepted projects will be supported by EMMEDIA and the Programs & Outreach Coordinator will serve in the role of resource person. The screening or exhibition event is run with the assistance of EMMEDIA staff and volunteers.
EMMEDIA Gallery & Production Society is a non-profit media arts organisation that provides equipment, technical support and programs for independent video, audio and multi-media artist/producers.
Please send submissions to:
℅ Vicki Chau, Programming Director
EMMEDIA Gallery & Production Society
#203, 351 – 11 Ave. SW
Calgary, AB T2R 0C7
or email to: