Open to individuals/teams
Length of Residency: 2 to 8 weeks
Children, pets, partners welcome
Chulitna Lodge Artist-In-Residence Program seeks to provide the time, space, clarity, and facilities for all forms of creative professionals to make and meditate.
We encourage the gamut, from seasoned professionals to entheusiastic hobbyists, to apply for our various programs.
Lake Clark National Park, Alaska: United States
Facilities & Services
- Housing: Private housing (individual apartment/cabin/house), Private bedroom in a shared housing facility, Shared bedroom
- Meals: All/most meals are provided by organization
Our Chef is always super duper. Fare tends towards veggie friendly, but meat is certainly available and delish.
- Computer/internet access: Computer and internet connection provided in common area (shared)
- Companions: Pets Allowed, Spouses/partners allowed for full stay, Children allowed for full stay
We love families and partners who cover their own stay. Selected partners may be accepted on work/trade basis, if they have skills that can be put to use.
Not wheelchair accessible.
- Studios/special equipment: Book Arts, Dance / Choreography, Digital media, Exhibition / Installation, Fiber arts, Film / Digital editing, Music studio (non-recording), Painting, Photography (digital), Photography (non-digital), Theater, Printmaking, Sculpture, Woodworking
Additional studio information:
Our Facilities are sufficient for many processes. There is a complete wood-shop representing most every tool one would need. Some Printmaking and Digital Photography facilities. Welding and cutting tools. (Metal can be flown in, or repurposed from appliances/equipment collected over Chulitna’s 80+ years.) Light is ample, as is space for painters. Staff members are available to help with any tool usage or technical assistance. There is 24 hour studio access Writers and researchers will find our library a great place to find everything from obscure local native legends, to biology, anatomy or taxa. Musicians – Please do apply!! Most any material needed can be flown in, given enough notice.
Stipends / other support
For more media on Chulitna Lodge and the residency program, look at our vlog:
To apply visit: https://chulitnalodge.slideroom.com/