Harcourt House Artist Run Centre is an artist-run, charitable organization that promotes contemporary visual art to interested individuals and organizations, by providing education, exhibitions, and resources. In our exhibition programming we seek both emerging and established artists whom look to present experimental work that aim to engage the diverse Edmonton community and surround.
Harcourt House Artist Run Centre annually presents 11 six-week exhibitions, from local, provincial, national and international artists, collectives and arts organizations:
- Art Incubator Gallery is a space for individual and collaborative artists to showcase new and experimental, fresh out of the studio work, or timely projects from artists residing in the Edmonton region. Application Deadline: May 31, 2018
- Main Gallery: presents challenging contemporary work by local, national and international artists. Harcourt House accepts proposals for the Main Gallery only from established artists. Call for Submissions: TBA*
* Please note that the Main Gallery 2018-2020 exhibition program has been approved by Harcourt’s Exhibition/Curatorial Committee and the Board of Directors in 2017. Call for Submission will be announced in 2019.
INCUBATOR & MAIN GALLERY GENERAL REQUIREMENTS:
Harcourt House accepts ELECTRONIC FORMATS ONLY
All written support and images must be burned to a SINGLE CD, DVD or uploaded to a USB flash drive.
- ALL Written Material: Must be in a SINGLE PDF or WORD document
- IMAGES in JPEG FORMAT
- All written material and images must be burned to a SINGLE CD, DVD or uploaded to a USB flash drive
- DVDs may be included for video documentation.
- Clearly label CD/DVD/flash drive with artists full name and gallery submitting to
- All files must be Mac compatible
**Please do not send any paper documents, printed images, or return envelopes as submissions will not be returned or reviewed.
**Please do not email submissions or use Powerpoint presentations.
- Project description/proposal (include gallery space you are applying for)
- Curriculum Vitae (3 page max.)
- Artist’s/ Curatorial statement (1 page max.)
- 10 – 15 good quality digital images of proposed or recent work (JPEG’s ONLY)
- Submit a resolution of 72 dpi files ONLY
- Image list including: title, dimensions, medium, and date
- Press clippings (3 page max.)*
- Contact information (mailing address, phone number and email)
- Website (if applicable)
- Include your name on all files and images submitted
**Incomplete proposal packages will NOT be considered.
VIDEO FILE SPECIFICATIONS:
- Maximum of two videos no longer than 5 minutes each
- Submit a file that can be accessed through one of the following programs: QuickTime, Flash Player or Shockwave
**IMPORTANT NOTICE: Digital support material that does not correspond to the following guidelines may result in an incomplete submission application, resulting in a withdrawal from the jury review. Following the submission guidelines will ensure your submission is reviewed. Thank you.
PLEASE SEND SUBMISSIONS TO:
Harcourt House Artist Run Centre
3rd Floor Gallery, 10215-112 Street
Edmonton, Alberta T5K 1M7
Any questions please contact Angèle Karosi at (780) 426-4180 or email@example.com