No submission fee.
Deadline for submissions: March 14, 2018
Open to artists worldwide.
The Art Gallery of St. Albert (AGSA), a contemporary public art gallery, is seeking submissions from artists or artist groups of all artistic and cultural backgrounds working in all styles and mediums for exhibition in the 2019 calendar year.
The Gallery strives to provide an exhibition schedule and corresponding programs that support educationally challenging art and appeal to many audiences. Artworks selected for exhibition must provide vision, inspiration and education for residents of St. Albert and surrounding communities. AGSA is committed to presenting both originality and a diversity of styles and mediums. The Gallery endeavours to showcase artists who exhibit locally, nationally and internationally.
Submissions are adjudicated by a panel of visual art professionals who represent a spectrum of expertise in the visual arts. The artists chosen to exhibit will receive CARFAC fees.
Submissions must contain:
- Exhibition Description or Proposal (maximum 500 words)
- Curriculum Vitae/Artist’s Resume with current contact information (address, phone and email)
- Artist’s Statement (maximum 500 words)
- Up to 10 Digital Images demonstrating proposed, in-progress or recent work
- Corresponding Image List including title, medium, year of creation and dimensions
- Colour copies of all images in submission. 1 to 3 images per page on standard photocopy paper
- Self addressed, stamped envelope with correct postage if artist requires rejected submission to be returned
- Exhibition Proposal, Artist’s Statement and CV, Image List and colour copies of images in submission must be submitted with the application as printed documents
- Digital images must be submitted on a CD, DVD or thumb drive/ USB device (images should be JPEG format, 300 dpi preferred, minimum 4” x 6”). Maximum of 50 MB for all images (combined total)
- The CD, DVD or USB device must also contain digital copies of the corresponding image list, Exhibition Proposal, Artist’s Statement and CV
- Image files should be numbered and labelled with artist last name and title of artwork; e.g. “1. Smith_Forest Path.jpg, 2. Smith_Forest Road”
- Video and sound submissions should be presented as excerpts (maximum six minutes per submission)
- Video files must be PC-compatible (viewable with Windows Media Player)
- Artists whom submit using a USB device must contact the gallery prior to submitting in order to ensure file compatibility
- Submissions will only be accepted if the above requirements are met
- Email or fax submissions are not accepted
- Jury decisions are final
- Deadline for submissions: Tuesday, March 14, 2018, 5 pm
- All applicants will be contacted by June, 2018
- Though group submissions are accepted, the gallery recommends artists also submit as individuals
- Artists may be selected for either solo exhibitions or group exhibitions with compatible artworks. Please clearly indicate if submission is intended for a solo exhibition only
Download Templates and Documents
Please send your submission to:
Call for Submissions 2018
Art Gallery of St. Albert
19 Perron Street, St Albert, AB, T8N 1E5
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 780.460.4310