Alberta Printmakers programs a +15 Window exhibition space located in ARTS COMMONS in downtown Calgary, Alberta. This space is situated alongside programming by similar contemporary Calgary artist-run centres and is in an indoor, high-traffic walking path.
The +15 Window is a shallow vitrine best suited to small-scale two-dimensional projects. Please refer to +15 window schematic POSTED HERE. The gallery programming will be determined by a selection committee and will be based on the quality of submissions. A/P will provide a number of benefits for accepted proposals including a personalized event invitation and an artist fee.
*Residents of Alberta will be prioritized, but all proposals from interested artists will be considered.
- • Artists must be current post-secondary fine arts students, Or have graduated within the past 5 years, OR be a semi-professional or professional artist in the beginning years of their career.
- • Exhibitions must consist of print-based or print-related artwork, or work of any kind that thematically represents or relates to printmaking/print media.
Interested applicants must email the following to Carrie (email@example.com) with the subject line: “A/P +15 Window Gallery Submission”
- • 5 numbered & labeled JPEG digital images (72 dpi, max 1000 pixels longest side). MUST be PC and Mac compatible. Please label and number your images using the following format: 1.artistname_title.jpg
- • Corresponding digital image list indicating the size, title of work, media and date (PDF or .doc file format)
- • Max 1 page Artist’s Statement (PDF or .doc file format)
- • Max 2 page Curriculum Vitae (PDF or .doc file format)
- • Max 1 page Written exhibition proposal (PDF or .doc file format)
- • Completed application form (DOWNLOAD HERE)
Incomplete submissions will not be reviewed. Submissions that do not follow the format described above will not be reviewed.
SUBMISSIONS WILL BE JURIED AND APPROVED CONTINUOUSLY AS EXHIBITION SLOTS BECOME AVAILABLE. PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE GALLERY ASKING FOR A STATUS UPDATE ON YOUR APPLICATION.
4025 4th St SE Calgary, AB
Hours: Wed-Sat 11am to 4pm