International Call to Print Artists, SNAP Visiting Artist Residency
SNAP invites applications from professionally trained print artists who wish to come and work in the SNAP printshop for a four to six week period in order to develop a new body of work.
Deadline for submission: February 28th for 2018 summer residency
For full information & how to apply please visit:
This visiting artist program is open to international print artists and Canadian print artists with a significant exhibition record. SNAP occupies a 4,500 square foot printshop on the west end of Jasper Avenue in downtown Edmonton, Alberta in the beautiful community of Oliver, just blocks away from the North Saskatchewan river valley. SNAP provides space and specialized equipment for intaglio (copper etching), plate-lithography, relief, silkscreen, letterpress, black & white photography and digital printing.
International Visiting Artist Studio Residency Program includes:
• 24/7 access to the print studio for a 4–6 week consecutive period.
• A $1000.00 CAD artist fee (paid upon completion of the residency)
• A $600.00 materials stipend (materials purchased must be used during residency and will be administered by SNAP staff)
• A maximum contribution of $1500.00 CAD toward travel and accommodation
• Delivery by the artist of a public demonstration, lecture or workshop
• The opportunity for broad public engagement with the artists project and studio work
• Regular engagement with our community of studio renters, artists and SNAP patrons is expected through attendance at Open Studio drop-in sessions (5 hours every 2 weeks), informal critiques with emerging artists and others, attendance at exhibition openings and other events happening throughout the artist’s stay.
In order to be considered for the Visiting Artist program, interested artists must submit the following:
• Artist’s curriculum vitae
• 10–20 jpegs with corresponding image list
• A written project proposal of work to be completed during residency
• A workshop or demonstration proposal. (Workshop proposals are important, but should not be too elaborate or take more than four evenings or two full days at a maximum.)
Deadline for submissions is February 28th of each year.
To apply please email email@example.com with your submission.
For more information about this program, contact SNAP Executive Director,
April Dean firstname.lastname@example.org