3 PART-TIME POSITIONS, ALBERTA CRAFT GALLERY, Calgary Location
Competition deadline: March 30, 2017
Start date: May or June 2017
The Alberta Craft Council (ACC) is a high-profile Provincial Arts Service Organization and the largest Provincial Craft Council in western Canada. ACC operates Edmonton’s second largest public gallery, and Alberta’s only public galleries (and touring exhibitions) dedicated to fine craft. ACC is about to open a new Alberta Craft Gallery – Calgary in c-Space King Edward Arts Hub.
The Alberta Craft Council was founded in 1979 and now operates with a budget of $800,000+, a board of 12, a staff of 8, and a membership of about 400 (approximately 70% of whom are professional craft artists). ACC activities attract an annual total audience exceeding 30,000. In 2017, Alberta Craft Council will produce 21 exhibitions in 5 locations, market the work of about 150 members, provide advisory committee and other member services, coordinate extensive communications activity, and promote professional contemporary craft arts widely.
For more about Alberta Craft Council visit www.albertacraft.ab.ca
Alberta Craft Council’s new Calgary staff will join the provincial staff and contribute to: Alberta Craft Gallery – Calgary, set-up, start-up and operation
Retail sales and marketing
ACC events in Calgary
Alberta Craft Gallery – Edmonton
Advisory committee and selection processes
Member, public, media and other communications
Magazine, website, social media, and other ACC tools Special projects.
ACC’s new Calgary gallery staff will want to
- support the ACC’s mission, vision and core values; strategic plan, governance plan, and
- work collaboratively with provincial staff, board members, ACC members, and
stakeholders to maintain, increase, or launch ACC activities in Calgary
- speak knowledgably about craft artists, their work, craft disciplines and processes, and
the culture of craft in Alberta
- look for new ACC advocacy and promotional opportunities
- represent Alberta Craft Council and it’s members enthusiastically and professionally in
Calgary.All three positions will share duties and schedules, and will be hired to work as a team. One position will be focused on exhibitions. Another will be focused on retail marketing and sales. The third position will be focused on communications, media relations and events. All three will work closely with ACC’s provincial staff.
The ACC’s new Alberta Craft Gallery – Calgary staff should have:
- relevant post-secondary education
- experience in fine craft exhibitions, marketing, communications, and/or volunteer
- ability to work independently as well as effectively with colleagues and volunteers
- a studio practice and/or broad knowledge in contemporary fine craft
- valid driver’s license.
- Salaries commensurate with experience
- Send applications to: Gallery Staff Search, Alberta Craft Council, 10185 106 Street, Edmonton, Alberta Canada, T5J 1H4
Alberta Craft Council • 10186 – 106 Street, Edmonton, AB T5J 1H4 www.albertacraft.ab.ca 1-800 DO CRAFT 780-488-6611