EAC New Grant Program for Public Art • Artist Initiated Public Art Project Grant
Deadline – April 15
When this date falls on a weekend or holiday, the deadline moves to the next business day.
This is a one-time opportunity pilot project.
Artist Initiated Public Art Project grants are intended to encourage and support the activities of Edmonton artists for a specific time towards a specific partnership project to create art in the public realm. Projects can be by individual artists or small collectives of artists, directed towards the creation, development and production of work that will be installed in Edmonton location(s) free and accessible to everyone.Inspired by their own practice, a particular site, or current events, individual artists in Edmonton may envision public art projects that are not available within policy-driven commissioning programs. The Artist Initiated Public Art Project grant is intended to support artists to envision and pursue art initiatives in the public realm through collaboration and relationships with businesses and organizations.Proposed projects must involve direct financial, in-kind support and collaboration of partners such as community organizations, businesses and/or landowners. The individual artist or collective is responsible for establishing the required partnership.
Funds are intended to support:
- Projects initiated by individual artists or small collectives of artists
- Projects that are new activities
- Collaborations between artists and private sector supporters, businesses, site owners, and/or community organizations
- Artist fees as directly related to the project
- Research, development, materials, production, and installation costs directly related to the project
Funds are not intended to support:
- Major equipment or capital purchases
- Costs already supported by the EAC or the City of Edmonton through other programs
- Land acquisition, zoning, permits, or other similar costs that should be carried by the land owner or partner
- Activities or creation undertaken prior to the application deadline
- Maintenance and repair or other long term costs associated with the installation
Click here to download the guidelines and application form
|The Edmonton Arts Council will host a Grant Workshop & Information Session for the Artist Initiated Public Art Project Grant on March 6, 2017.
Location: Massawa Cafe & Bistro (10153 97 Street)
Further details TBC
« Job Opportunity, Acrylic Specialist, City of Edmonton Jarvis Hall Gallery presents CORRI-LYNN TETZ-Diviners, Mar 3-Apr 13 »