The 17th Andreu World International Design Contest is now open for submissions.
The competition is open both to design students and to professionals, without age limit. Participants are invited to design an item of furniture (seat or table) that integrates all the specifications outlined by Andreu World, in the product briefing and which resolves the accompanying technical and formal challenges in the terms indicated.
The deadline for submissions is November 24, 2017.
Subject: Design for a chair and/or table.
- Seating: The main material used shall be Beech wood, Oak wood or Walnut. Chairs may be upholstered to a greater or lesser extent, if considered appropriate and veneered board or plywood.
- Tables: The main material used shall be Beech wood, Oak wood or Walnut. Tables may be veneered board or plywood.
- The use of other materials such as metals, plastics, glass, etc. is allowed when complementary, structural or incidental to the above.
- All designs presented shall be new, not having been marketed or disclosed prior to the date of the Contest.
- Possible innovative features related to design, quality, technology, production processes, etc. and in general anything that adds value to the presented project.
- Possible adaptation to the product philosophy of Andreu World, S.A.
- Production costs and/or recovery.
- Functionality: fulfilment of the functions for which it has been designed.
- All-round simple and viable mass production possibilities.
- Possible versatility and suitability for development in occasional pieces such as stools, easy chairs, sofas, etc. in the case of chairs, and of different sizes and heights in the case of tables.
- Suitability to numerous ambiences and uses such as the home, contract work, etc.
Andreu World has grown and evolved convinced that our philosophy, attention to detail, excellence and good design, is the fundamental guide to continue being who we are now and in the future.
At the core of Andreu Wood is wood, there is no other material as unique, warm and noble. Woodworking is a philosophy unto itself, it is a way of relating to the world. Over time we have sought to maintain these qualities in all of our designs, regardless of the materials and technology employed. Wood, in our work, is synonymous with the woodworker, we have retained the same expert hands that have learned their craft over years of experience.
To explain what are we and how we carry ourselves, we continue to believe in the principles and values that have brought us to where we are today…
Each design examines all of its possibilities, constantly pushing us to improve comfort, finish and function. It is this active process with each of our products that allows for the intelligent use of our resources.
We depend on our resources to inform our entire working method, from obtaining the raw materials all the way through to finishing. Through a continuous investment in advanced technology and infrastructure, as well as in the training of our team, we maintain and improve our processes. This in the only way we can only maintain our passion for well-made products.
Read more: https://www.dexigner.com/news/29824
Andreu World Chiva, Comunidad Valenciana Spain
phone (34) 961 805 700 andreuworld.com
Furniture Design: Manufacturers