Paint Spot Announces April 2017 Classes! Register Now
We believe in Spring! Join us for springtime classes in drawing, painting, and adventuring!
We offer an inspiring session of learning how to see the myriad surfaces in the world around you, and how to capture them in graphite. Metal, fur, cloth, glass – how many different textures there are.
• Think what this knowledge will do to enhance your drawing and painting practices! Drawing Bootcamp: Different Textures with Daphne Cote, Saturday & Sunday, April 1 & 2, 10AM-4PM each day. $120 + Supply List. See Daphne’s work:www.daphnecote.com/
• Oil painters, do you wish to expand your repertoire of subjects by learning to create images of dramatic cityscapes full of light, mood, & movement? Oksana Zhelisko leads Oil: Expressive Urban Landscape Mondays, April 3, 10, & 24, 6-9PM. $110 + Supply List. Oksana’s website: www.zheliskoart.com/
• Learn watercolour painting over the course of several sessions that will take you from the foundations through a thorough grounding in the elements of landscape painting. The class series covers elements of the landscape, earth, sky, and water, as well as offering insight into materials and techniques. Cam Wilson teaches Watercolour: From Basics to Landscape Painting Tuesdays, April 4, 11, 18, & 25, 6-9PM. $145 + Supply List. http://camwilson.ca/
• Exciting news! The excellent Justina Smith returns for another mixed-media series. Work on a big,
beautiful piece with acrylic, ink, and paper on birch panel! Justina offers invaluable instruction on composing your image layer by layer to give them the Wow! factor you want. Mixed Media: Choose Your Own Adventure 3.0 runs Thursdays, April 6, 13, 20, & 27, 5:30-8:30PM. $150 + Supply List. Justina’s website: https://www.justinasmith.com/
• If you are not acquainted with the remarkable Parallel Pen yet, now’s the time. Two classes comprise the Parallel Pen Weekend, both of them giving you fresh skills to bring to your pen-and-ink art and writing. Parallel Pen Weekend: Marvelous Designs with Shelly Banks is Saturday, April 8, 10AM-4PM and Parallel Pen: Magical Calligraphy with Jeanine Alexander is Sunday, April 9, 12 Noon-5PM. $60 each class + Supply List.
• Sharon Hazen gives you the inside story on how to Paint Like a Landscape Master in her water media class for acrylic painters and watercolourists. Saturday, April 22, 10AM-4PM. $60 + Supply List.
• Jordan Pearson, our encaustic enthusiast also loves the springtime. She is leading a class for those with some encaustic experience, Encaustic Spring Landscape, focusing on a specific approach to landscape painting, with many manipulations of the surface to give texture and detail. Sunday, April 23, 10AM-4PM. $60 + $30 Supply Fee, which covers all the materials used in the class.
• Now that you’ve learned to fill in colouring books, how about learning to make your own images, using the technique of transferring images? Techniques to ensure a beautiful finished work, richly coloured will be revealed. Shelly Banks instructs Making Art in Coloured Pencils Saturday, April 29, 10AM-4PM. $60 + Supply List.
• Justina Smith shares her journaling expertise in Journaling: Sketches in the Wild. Keep a travel journal, an occasional journal or a daily journal – but keep it creatively. Learn how, with watercolour, pen, and more. Sunday, April 30, 12-5PM. $60 + Supply List.
You can register for classes at The Paint Spot, 10032 81 Avenue, Edmonton, in person, by phone (780.432.0240) or online at www.paintspot.ca, where the classes are listed in more details with illustrations.