CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Summer Studio Instructor | In-Definite Arts Society, Calgary
In-Definite Arts is a great place to explore your career options within the field(s) of arts and disability services. We offer a variety of internship and employment opportunities during the year aimed primarily at visual art students enrolled at the Alberta College of Art + Design, and/or other post-secondary art institutions.
IDAS Mission Statement: The In-Definite Arts Society is a unique creative arts centre that promotes opportunities for people with developmental disabilities to express themselves and to grow and develop through their involvement in art. We strive to increase awareness in the community about the talents and diversity of artists with disabilities, expressing the idea that the potential of all people is, in fact, “indefinite”.
Summer Studio Instructor: The summer instructor position is an excellent opportunity for an individual with a strong interest in contemporary art and arts instruction to gain valuable, hands-on experience assisting individuals with disabilities in their studio practice.
Term: 32 hours per week for 15 weeks (May 23 to August 31) Monday – Thursday, with occasional Saturday or Holiday work
Wage: $17 per hour
Main Job Tasks:
• Facilitate and inspire the artists’ learning and achievement of art goals using methods appropriate for the individual artists • Encourage artists to exhibit artwork in appropriate IDAS or community exhibitions
• Keep studio areas clean and tidy to provide a safe environment for everyone • Participate in team meetings as required • Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director or Program Director Qualifications:
• At least one year of post-secondary education in visual arts, enrolled in full time studies for the coming year; preference will be given to students who specialize in drawing, painting or printmaking
• A mature attitude and ability to work autonomously in a collaborative environment
• Ability to work with adults with disabilities
Application: Deadline for applications (Cover letter and resume) is May 1, 2017. Applications are welcome by email or in person:
In-Definite Arts Society · 8038 Fairmount Drive SE · Calgary AB T2H 0Y1 Tel: (403) 253-3174 · Fax: (403) 255-2234 · Email: firstname.lastname@example.org