Mississauga Living Arts Centre, Ontario
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Wednesday, May 24, 2017
The Living Arts Centre in Mississauga, Ontario offers professionally-equipped studios for emerging and mid-career artists to develop their practices in a collaborative environment.
Recent graduates of post-secondary studio programs are invited to submit applications for the
2017 – 2018 Fellowship Program in the Flameworking, Glass, Painting and Drawing, Textiles, Jewellery, and Wood Studios.
This program offers recent graduates an opportunity to work in a professional studio environment and develop a body of work, at subsidized rates. Fellowships will be awarded based on application review and on studio availability. Fellows are required to volunteer 5-6 days per year to support the Exhibitions and Residency Program.
|Glass||Single Slot Residency – one blow/casting slot per week, plus 10 hours cold-working per week|
|Flameworking||Half-time Residency – up to 25 studio hours per week|
|Painting and Drawing|
|Ceramics||Quarter time Residency – up to 15 studio hours per week|
Click on each studio name for studio profiles and regular rates (Fellowships receive subsidized rates).
Applications are due by Wednesday, May 24, 2017
- The ability to complete a body of work
- Highly subsidized studio fees
- Participation in the Living Art Centre Gallery’s Resident Artist Exhibition
- The opportunity to sell work in the Centre’s Gift Shop
- Consideration for corporate commissions
- Exposure to artists working in the field
- Opportunities for collaboration between artists or cross-media projects
- Access to critique and mentoring by more established Resident Artists
- Consideration for paid teaching opportunities in Living Arts Centre community courses
Eligibility and Application:
Applicants must be recent graduates (within two years of graduation) of a post-secondary degree or diploma program in studio arts, or have an educational equivalent. Artists must submit a full application package by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. including:
- Completed application
- Artist CV including education, exhibition history (if any), and awards/scholarships
- Artist statement (500 words or less)
- Statement of intent describing how the applicant will benefit from a Fellowship (500 words or less)
- 10 digital images of work produced within the past two years (max 72dpi/150KB per image)
- 2 letters of recommendation emailed directly to the Coordinator, Exhibitions and Residency Program.
- Description of each studio and regular rates are provided here:
Fellowship rates are subsidized
- Accommodation and stipends are not provided.
Applications will be reviewed Living Arts Centre’s Advisors – professional artists and educators in relevant fields. Advisors will recommend applicants for an interview. Applicants will be assessed on the following criteria:
- Sufficient knowledge of studio equipment and health and safety standards to be able to work independently.
- Potential for further growth in the medium.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment.
The successful candidates will be invited to work in the studio for a one-year term. The term will commence on September 1, 2017 and end on August 31, 2018.
For more information on the fellowship program, please contact Lee Petrie, Exhibitions and Residency Program Coordinator by phone at 905.306.6161 or email at email@example.com.
How to Apply
To apply, download the application form (PDF) and email a completed copy with all the required attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, you must provide your own accommodation – this is not a live-in residency. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
For more information on the fellowship program, please contact Coordinator, Exhibitions and Residency Programs by phone at 905.306.6161 or email at email@example.com.