Job Opportunity, Arts Learning Coordinator, Arts Commons, Calgary
Arts Commons seeks an enthusiastic and experienced team player to fill the full-time position of Arts Learning Coordinator.
The Arts Learning Coordinator works within the Arts Learning department to provide creative learning and arts education opportunities to students and educators through signature programming, with key stakeholders such as the Calgary Board of Education and the Calgary Separate School Division. Arts Learning works with professional artists in the community who have a strong, established artistic practice and portfolio, and are experienced educators with proven success teaching and delivering core curriculum through the performing and visual arts.
Reporting to the Programming Associate – Arts Learning, the Arts Learning Coordinator provides support to the Programming team.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Managing sales-related activities of the Education program including but not limited to Calgary International Children’s Festival, National Geographic Live, One Day Art School, Artist in the Classroom, public day camps (SummerAct), and Teacher Professional Development.
- Logistical coordination for The Hub for Inspired Learning (Campus Calgary Open Minds) week-long, on-site programming.
- Assisting with education programming and integrated arts learning programs delivery and execution, including but not limited to classroom supervision, teaching, hosting school groups and liaising with artist instructors.
- Responding to requests from teachers for information with a high quality of customer service via phone, e-mail and in writing
Accurately capturing customer information and requirements.
- Accurately tracking and reporting on the progress of individual education projects to Programming Associate.
- Tracking sales orders to ensure that confirmations are scheduled and sent out on time.
- Carrying out administrative tasks such as data entry, processing information, completing paperwork and filing documents.
- Application of excellent internal and external customer service skills in addressing concerns regarding sales and registrations.
- Making follow-up calls to confirm orders.
- Accurately analyzing and assessing sales data.
Applicants should have a degree or diploma in the arts or a related field, and three to five years experience in arts education—working with teachers and students K-12. Applicants should also have experience as an instructor of drama, dance, music or visual art for recreational or public programs (working with children and/or adults), as well as strong administrative & customer service skills. Applicant should also be comfortable working in an office environment. Experience with event production, project coordination or stage management are all assets.
Other desired skills and qualifications include:
- General knowledge of Alberta K-12 curricular priorities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to juggle competing priorities.
- Excellent knowledge of excel, MS word, and ability to navigate databases and other online workflow tools.
- Experience with Tessitura a strong asset; a fast learner who can quickly understand new technologies and processes required.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions and percentages.
- Understanding of the implications of new information for both current and future issues.
- Ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
- Able to work on the go, moving around within office/theatre environments.
- Able to lift and move event supplies up to 30 pounds.
- A police clearance check will be required as a condition of employment.
This position has a 40-hour work-week, with occasional evening and weekend work required. A competitive compensation package, including extended health benefits, is offered.
To apply, please forward your resume in confidence to:
205 8th Ave. SE
Calgary, Alberta T2G 0K9
Email questions or your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a full-time position, expected to begin mid-late June 2017.