Art Society of Strathcona County Juried Exhibition and Sale
Artists enter the appropriate choice from the following categories:
Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, Masters, 3D,
PRIZES FOR EACH CATEGORY:
- $350 FIRST PRIZE
- $250 SECOND PRIZE
- $175 THIRD PRIZE
- $350 JURORS Choice
October 13 – 15 and 20 – 22, 2017
Reception October 13, 2017, 7pm – 9pm
Tea October 22, 2017 1pm – 3pm
Canadian Artists who are age 18 and residing in Canada. To conform to the spirit of the awards all work must be original and completed within the last two years. No copies from other artists or from published material will be allowed. Proof of originality may be required. All work must be labelled on the back with the artwork’s title, size, medium, price and your name. Artists may enter a total of three pieces of art from the following categories:
BEGINNER: Artists that have had no formal art training at a College or University and have worked for a period of only two years or less in any one or more mediums. You must move up to the Intermediate if you have entered in a Beginners for three years.
INTERMEDIATE: You may enter in the Intermediate Category if you have had up to one year of formal art training at a College or University, OR, have worked for two years or more in any medium. You must move up to the Advanced Category if you teach/instruct classes/workshops.
ADVANCED: You may enter in the Advanced Category if you have been enrolled for one or more years in an Art College or University, OR promotes his/her work regularly, OR who teaches/instructs.
MASTERS: A Graduate of an Art Program from a College or University OR has received a BFA OR has been awarded first in an Advanced Category in the province of Alberta OR has worked independently for a number of years and feels ready to meet the challenge of entering the Masters Category.
THREE DIMENSIONAL – All levels of three-dimensional art 3 dimensional art is observed in terms of its height, width and depth. ie. Pottery and sculpture. PHOTOGRAPHY& DIGITAL ART: All levels of Photography and Digital Art
2. Dates, Time and Location
- Entry Deadline July 28, 2017 visit the website www.artstrathcona.com
- Artist notification August 31, 2017 along with shipping details
- Any shipped pieces to be received by October 6, 2017
- Delivery of artwork to the A.J.Ottewell Community Centre at 590 Broadmoor
Blvd, Sherwood Park, Alberta – October 11 between 4 pm and 7 pm * at this time please supply a Biography for the show binder
NOTE: If you are unable to deliver your art on October 11, 2017 please
make arrangements for someone else to deliver it for you, as we do not have storage space. All cartons, boxes, etc. must be removed at time of delivery. Shipped boxes will be stored.
Artists are responsible for coordination and payment of all shipment of art to and from the show and signature must be required on shipped items. If you need to ship your entry please contact JOYCE BOYER at email@example.com and information will be sent to you for specific instructions. The arrival of art must be on or before OCTOBER 6, 2017.
• Reception and awards presented
Friday, October 13, 7:00 to 9.30 pm. Exhibiting artists, if at all possible, are requested to attend at 7 p.m. as the awards and cheques are presented at around 7:15 pm.
Awards will not be made known prior to the reception.
- General Public Viewing – Friday 1 pm to 9 pm. Saturday and Sunday 10 am to 4 pm
- Pick-up of all artwork – Sunday, October 22, 2017 at 4:30 pm Location: A.J. OTTEWELL COMMUNITY CENTRE (RED BARN) 590 Broadmoor Blvd, Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada
• Artists may submit up to a total of three (3) works of art in the Category they are qualified. The registration will be $20.00 per entry. Payment is due upon registration. All works must be for sale.
• 2D the image size should be no larger than 1200 square inches per entry.
• Please follow the instructions on the registration page carefully. You will be registering your work first on our website then emailing the images to the registration site.
• Registration must be done online with images labelled in the following format
ie. Lastname.Firstname – Title – Category – Size – Medium- Price Boyer.Joyce Nameofthepicture-Masters-10×12-$435
• Please send images with the width side 1920 pixels and 300 DPI
• To insure that you have a proper entry please make sure just the image is seen and that picture is crisp and colour is correct. Any entries that are misrepresented will not be hung.
4. Jury Process
A Juror will be selected to adjudicate the pieces of work for the show. This juror may move an entry up to a different category should they feel that it is warranted.
All artwork will be viewed and judged by three jurors with a high degree of art knowledge selected by the Art Society of Strathcona County Show Committee. The granting of all awards in each of the categories is left totally to the discretion of the judges’ panel. They will only grant awards to the art that they feel meets their standards and their selection is final and binding.
NOTE: Please be aware that Art not properly framed according to these standards, may be rejected after inspection on delivery date, at the discretion of the standards committee. No refunds will be issued for such rejected art, so please read and adhere to all guidelines very carefully.
Oils, watercolour, acrylic, pastels, photography, etc. –
- All framing must be archival. Matting and all other materials used in mounting must be acid free.
- Wire must be installed as per industry standards with wire not being visible from the front view.
- No clip frames, claw hooks, wire loops, string, bailer twine, nails or notches cut into frames will be accepted.
- Frames must be archival
- Side staples on canvases are not accepted.
- All canvases must be framed if they are less than 1 1/2 inch in depth. If the canvas meets the require depth and is unframed the side must be painted.
Photography & Digital Art – The artist must be directly involved in the creative process. Images may be enhanced or altered using applications such as Adobe Photoshop. Photography and Digital images must be printed on professional quality support. Archival materials must be used. “Gallery Ready” and hanging requirements same as above.
Three-dimensional work – All work must be “Gallery Ready”
Intaglio, Mono print, Serigraph etc. – Artwork made in a print process is permitted. Must be original and created by the artist.
***ALL ART MUST BE LABELED on the back with a label as provided in the call.
Artists are responsible for carrying their own insurance on all their artwork including but not limited to shipping.
8. Commission – 30 % commission to the Art Society of Strathcona County will be taken. Payment of sold work will be made within 2 weeks of the completion of the show.
For more information contact: Joyce Boyer with Art Society of Strathcona County 780-433-5950 email: firstname.lastname@example.org