This residency offers offers competitive professional opportunities for emerging and mid-career, national and international artists and designers age 22 and over.
The Mexican Ceramics Special Artist Residency is a self-directed production residency that offers the unique opportunity to produce a variety of work at a prominent ceramics factory studio in the central historic district of Puebla (the majestic city most famous for Talavera ceramics). This residency is for experienced ceramists only. No instruction is included.
RESIDENCY DURATION / TIME PERIOD
Terms of 6 to 12 weeks. Dates are not predetermined but are nominated by the applicant.
WHAT THIS RESIDENCY INCLUDES
- Each resident meets weekly with our staff for individualized research assistance/resources, project guidance, and critiques
Accommodation and Meals:
- Furnished, private bedroom
- Meals and 24-hour access to stocked kitchen and large dining room
- Wireless Internet
- Use of Arquetopia’s residency spaces including 4th-floor lounge and outdoor terraces
- Shared bathrooms with modern fixtures and showers
- NEW as of January 2017: On-site ceramics facility with medium-sized (2ft X 2ft X 2ft) kiln
- 24-hour access to large and bright, shared art studio with generous natural light
- Personal workspace with large table and wall space
- Ceramics materials and supplies (clay and standard glazes) provided
- Access to on-site ceramics studio and gas kiln or to special facilities (such as our partnered ceramics studios) provided, depending on project
RESIDENCY FEE AND APPLICATION DEADLINES
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for fee and application deadlines for this program.
E-mail Chris at email@example.com
Spaces are limited. Our selection committee evaluates all
applications when they are received vs. after the deadline.