We welcome artists from across Australia and around the world to stay in our spacious residential studio in the heart of Fremantle. The space enables artists to make work, develop networks and be inspired by Fremantle and the state of Western Australia.
Fremantle is a port city with a big spirit and loads of character.
Home to a diverse range of arts and cultural organisations, the city has a strong sense of community and has long been a hub for artistic activities.
The Artsource Fremantle residency space is housed in our heritage-listed Old Customs House building in the heart of the city. While no grant funding is available for this space, Artsource provides valuable support to the resident artist for the duration of their stay.
- What’s Included: Residential Studio Apartment: 120sqm Studio, Bedroom, Living Area, Kitchen, Bathroom, Furniture, Linen, Towels And Basic Kitchen Essentials.
- Rent Payable: Western Australian Artists: AU$220 Per Week.
- Rent Payable: Australian And International Artists: $350 Per Week.
- No Funding Is Available Via Artsource.
- Residencies Are Available From Two Weeks To Three Months (Negotiable).
- Applications Are Accepted Throughout The Year.
To check availability, ask questions and get an application form, please contact our Studios and Residencies Manager, Loretta Martella:
- Telephone: +61 8 9335 8366
- Email: Here >
Note: Residency artists may wish to extend their stay and experience a regional residency through the Western Australian Residency Network.