Deadline for submissions: August 30, 2017
No submission fee.
Latitude 53 is accepting submissions for projects and exhibitions in our Community Gallery. Latitude 53 looks to provide a space for local community groups and collectives to explore questions or topics through visual art.
Latitude 53 is interested in collaborations that bridge diverse groups within the Edmonton region, introducing members of the city’s visual arts communities to other groups and vice versa. For ten selected projects annually, Latitude 53 will offer our Community Gallery as exhibition-space and/or staging area for events or workshops over a two-to-four-week period, at no cost. It is expected that organizations and community groups establish an equitable relationship with the artists with whom they work. Latitude 53 is unable to provide financial support for artists exhibiting in the community gallery.
The space offers approximately 40 linear feet of wall space, is about 625 sq.ft., and opens out onto our street-front patio with a garage door and has window spaces. If needed, Latitude 53 staff will be available to offer guidance for best practices on installation in a professional gallery context to promote sharing of institutional knowledge.
Proposals will be reviewed by a peer selection committee three times per year following the deadlines on August 30th, November 30th, and March 30th.
- Project description (What is the project about, and what will it look like?);
- What you would like to accomplish by having a project or exhibition in a gallery space?;
- Statement of intent addressing why the project is a good fit for the Community Gallery;
- If applicable, Curriculum Vitae of artists, artist-facilitators, or curators;
- Profile of organization and/or community;
- If applicable, digital images of proposed or recent work and/or Video or Audio work in Mac-compatible formats, and image list (including title, medium, date, and size);
- If there is a specific time frame in which you would like this project exhibition (e.g. specific theme week or anniversary period); and
- Contact information
Please include all written material as PDF files, and send submissions by email only to email@example.com “Community Programming Submission” in the subject line.
You will receive an acknowledgement of your submission.
For more information please contact:
780 423 5353
Community Gallery – Developing Projects
If your organization or community group is experiencing any challenges in the development of a community art project, don’t hesitate to contact our gallery with any questions.
Latitude 53 is particularly interested in supporting projects that include professional compensation for artists working with community members. For financial resources, Latitude 53 strongly encourages groups to apply for the following grants: