Paint Spot announces August/September Classes – Register Now!
- Oil: The Impressionist Garden with Sharon Hazen Saturday August 19, 10AM-4PM; $60 + GST + Supply List. Create an open-air painting in the Impressionist style. Artist’s website: www.sharonhazen.com
- Youth Oil Painting! Inspired By…with Jordan Pearson Monday – Thursday August 14-17, 10AM-2PM; $120 + $20 Supply Fee. Great way to encourage young artists (ages 11-15) to learn to paint; excellent young teacher! Artist’s website: www.jordanpearsonalive.com
- Encaustic Portraiture: Backyard Birds x 2!with Jordan Pearson Sunday August 20, 10AM-4PM; $60 + $20 Supply Fee. Make 2 small encaustic (hot, pigmented beeswax) paintings while learning many techniques.
- Oil or Acrylic: Interpreting Fabric into Painting with Daphne Coté Saturday & Sunday August 26 & 27, 10AM-4PM each day; $120 + $10 Model Fee. Learn to paint fabric, patterns, clothing like a pro, from a pro! Artist’s website: www.daphnecote.com
September: Out of the pool and back to school!
- Oil Remedies for Painting Problems with Oksana Zhelisko every Tuesday in September & October, 10AM-1PM; $30/session. Resolve those oil painting issues with a professional artist & teacher. Artist’s website: www.zheliskoart.com
- Drawing: Manga Portraiture, with Chris Jugo Wednesdays September 6, 13, 20, & 27, 6-9PM; $140+ GST + Supply List. Master of the style shares his creative know-how. Artist’s website: www.projektkitsune.deviantart.com
- Pencil Portraiture with Daphne Coté Thursdays September 7, 14, 21, & 28, 6-8:30PM; $140 + $20Model Fee + GST. Create a collection of techniques and lessons on portrait drawing in one sketchbook.
- Watercolour: Still-Life with Sunflower with Cam Wilson Saturday & Sunday, September 9 & 10, 10AM-4PM each day; $140 + GST + Supply List. Learn to translate into paint a summer favourite, the sunflower. Artist’s website: www.camwilson.ca
- Open Studio Watercolour: Practice Makes Perfect with Cam Wilson Mondays, September 11, 18, & 25, & October 2, 9, 16, 23, & 30, 10AM-1PM; $30/session; $210 for all 8. Learn to meet the challenges of watercolour, to expand your skills, to share ideas.
- Special Talk: A Calligrapher’s Journey: From Iraq to Edmonton, War to Refuge with Najm Al Tameemi Friday, September 8, 7-9 PM; $5to reserve a seat, returned as a gift. Master Arabic calligrapher shares his life story and his artistic inspiration.
- Special Demo: Beautiful Arabic Calligraphy with Najm Al Tameemi Saturday September 9, 1-4PM; $5 to reserve a seat, returned as a gift. Introduction to the various traditional scripts, their purposes, similarities, & differences.
- Acrylic or Oil Portraiture: Eyes, Noses, & Lips with Oksana Zhelisko Mondays September 11, 18, & 25 6-8:30PM; $90+ GST + Supply List. Practical methods for creating realistic facial features.
- Acrylic Weekend Retreat: Less is More with Nancy Corrigan Saturday & Sunday,
September 16 & 17, 10AM-4PM each day; $140 + GST + Supply List. Two days to explore movement of lines, shapes and colour – using just one brush!
- Journaling: Make Your Mark with Justina Smith Friday, September 22, 6-9PM; $50 + GST + Supply List. Inspiration to record and embellish your observations wherever you are. Artist’s website: www.justinasmith.com
- Mixed Media: Let the Adventure Begin! with Justina Smith Saturday & Sunday September 23 & 24, 10AM-4PM each day; $150 + $10 Supply Fee. Layering your mixed-media works bring complexity, drama, & energy – & fun!
You can register for classes at The Paint Spot, 10032 81 Avenue, Edmonton, in person, by phone (780.432.0240) or online at www.paintspot.ca, where the classes are listed in more details with illustrations.