Deadline for Submissions: March 9, 2018
Students must enter the Student Competition
The contest is international and open to all forms of commissioned, published, unpublished and personal work from professionals and enthusiasts created between January 2017 and March 2018 (but not entries that have been submitted into last year’s competition). Only digital entries are accepted for this competition.
Design, Promotional Design, Editorial Design, Packaging Design, Broadcast Graphics, Typography Design, Typeface Design, Craft
Series (up to 3 pieces): $100
Entire Program (5 to 9 pieces): $150
Per Entry: $140
Series (up to 3 pieces): $75
Entire Program (5 to 9 pieces): $100
Young Blood Interactive Design: $75
Judges & Scoring
As of 2018, all Applied Arts Awards programs are judged online. We no longer accept hard copies for any competition.
Applied Arts contests are judged by panels of highly regarded industry professionals and experts in a rigorous process. Every entry is scored independently on creative merit, technical excellence and suitability for end use. Discussion is not permitted and judges must abstain from voting for their own work. Entries that meet our pre-determined cut-off score are published. Check back soon for our list of confirmed judges.
All entrants will be notified in April 2018 via email. At that time, those selected as winning entrants will be required to submit high-res digital files for reproduction in the Design annual. Winners’ certificates will be mailed separately, after the Design annual is published.
What do winners receive?
- Their work published in print in the Summer 2018 issue
- A complimentary copy of the Summer 2018 issue
- Their work published online in our Winners’ Gallery and Awards Archive
- Digital tear sheets of their work
- A personalized, embossed awards certificate for every winning entry signed by noted designer Georges Haroutiun, the founder of Applied Arts
- Their work displayed at related Applied Arts events attended by our network of creative professionals.
Questions? If you’ve checked all of the above sections and cannot find the answer to your question, or if you are having difficulty entering, contact email@example.com.