Job Opportunity, General Director
Société des arts visuels de l’Alberta (SAVA)
The Société francophone des arts visuels de l’Alberta (SAVA) is a non-profit organization with the mission of sensibilizing the community to the importance of the visual arts, and to stimulate francophone artists on their artistic journey. The SAVA handles a gallery, the Centre d’arts visuels de l’Alberta (CAVA), which offers a creation and diffusion platform to francophone artists by proxy of two exposition spaces : espace membre and espace exploration. Other than gallery exhibitions, the Société facilitates the outreach of visual arts by proposing projects and artistic exchanges everywhere in Alberta.
Consult the SAVA web page: www.galeriecava.com – Contact information there
Please send your application in French as this position requires fluency in the French language.
Under the aegis of the administration council, the general director assures the artistic direction and gestion of the gallery. The direction is responsible for financial gestion, human ressources, administration, projects and commissariat, funding research and artist relations, comminity, funders, partners and the media.
Support to the Governance
- Convocate, by the demands of the presidency, the assemblies and meetings, including the redaction and expedition of the meetings, agenda and verbal processes.
- Take part in annual and extraordinary assemblies, administration council and executive council meetings.
- Support the administrative council in the elaboration of its strategic plan.
- Support the Programming committee during the creation of its annual action plan and coordinate the activities stemming from the plan.
- Initiate and coordinate the artistic projects that favours the visibility of the artists and that adds them in contemporary visual arts networks.
- Assumes the responsibilities related to Programming and purchases for the gallery.
- Ensure administrative and financial management of the SAVA, including budgeting, accounting, financial planification and rapport preparation, etc.
- Handle human ressources, including hiring, the supervision and evaluation of personel.
- Develop and coordinate necessary ressources, defining the adequacy priorities with the financial and human ressources available.
- Elaborate grant applications and collaborate with the funders.
- Develop fund collection strategies.
- Offer artistic, educative and administrative support to member artists.
- Help the administration council in the implementation of development politics of the public by encouraging member adhesion and by boosting mediation actions aimed at the large public.
- Ensure proper communication between francophones organizations in Alberta.
- Promote the CAVA gallery.
- Develop strategic partnerships.
- Represent SAVA during public events and aim to agment the visibility of the society.
PROFILE AND COMPETENCES
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in administration/coordination or an equivalent associative domain.
- Experience in the management of an artistic centre or equivalent.
- Experience in the management of artistic projects.
- Experience in financial management, accounting and office administration.
- Experience in the supervision of employees or volunteers.
- Knowledge in the contemporary artistic world.
- Know how to do grant applications.
- Skills with computer tools (Word, Adobe Suite and QuickBooks online).
- Analysis and problem solving capacity.
- Bilingual french/english, spoken and written.
- Knowledge of Canadian and Albertan ‘francophonie’.
- Good interpersonal relationships.
- Be community oriented.
- Organized and strong at team work.
- Flexible schedule, evenings and weekends.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, 780.461.3427