Call for Exhibition and Residency Submissions, Oxygen Art Centre
Deadline: April 30 2018, 5pm
Oxygen Art Centre is currently accepting submissions for our Exhibition and Residency program. Regional, national and international professional artists from any discipline are welcome to submit proposals for a solo or group exhibition and/or residency. Oxygen Art Centre is particularly interested in work with regional relevance, cross-disciplinary work and work that engages audiences in participatory processes. Professional (CARFAC) exhibition and artist presentation fees are paid for selected programming. Residencies and exhibitions are typically planned two to three years in advance. Please submit all of the following documents as specified in the Submission Guidelines on our website, and below.
Oxygen Art Centre is an artist-run multidisciplinary centre in Nelson, British Columbia that provides space and programming for artists and the public to engage in the creation, study, exhibition and performance of contemporary art. The goals of Oxygen Art Centre are to stimulate the creation, exhibition and discussion of contemporary art in all disciplines, to stimulate rural cultural development and professional practices in rural artists, to engage in community development through art-based projects and to achieve diversity in all programming.
• Indicate if you are applying for an Exhibition or a Residency or both.
• Curriculum Vitae (maximum three pages)
• Proposal describing the program of work intended for the exhibition or residency. Include a brief artist statement that contextualizes your work (maximum one page)
• Artist Bio (maximum 1 paragraph)
• 10 to 15 images a maximum of 1 MB file size each (jpeg format with a resolution of 72 dpi at 1024 x 768 pixels ) of the work intended for exhibition or related/recent work for a residency proposal. Images must be labeled with a number/name (01_Smith)
• Image list with image numbers, artist name, title of work, date, medium and dimensions.
• For new media or performance projects submit direct links or DVD related to your proposal in .avi, .mov, .mpg, .mpeg format. Do not send video files electronically.
Deadline: April 30 2018, 5pm
Or by Drop Box – share your submission folder with Oxygen Art Centre
Group exhibition proposals include the cv, bio and artist’s statement for each participating artist. Oxygen Art Centre is committed to paying CARFAC fees for exhibitions and artist talks. Pending funding, funds are available for transportation of artwork and artists to and from Nelson. Visiting artists will be billeted with local artists in the community. All accepted proposals are contingent on funding. To review previous exhibition and residency programming visit here.
Questions about Oxygen Art Centre’s submission guidelines or artist eligibility can be directed to:
Submission Call Links:
Website: https://oxygenartcentre.org/exhibitions-residencies/submissions/ On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/164851544172578/