Job Opportunity, Administrative Coordinator, Latitude 53
Deadline: March 26, 2018, 5pm
Latitude 53 is looking for an amazingly organized, detailed-orientated individual who is energized by people and is motivated by challenges who loves to work in a team environment around creative people and art.
The Administrative Coordinator is the organizational hub of a five-member staff team with Latitude 53. You are often the first point of contact for individuals connecting with our organization and you cultivate and improve systems for volunteers, members, donors, facility users, and audiences. You help our organization operate more efficiently by facilitating an interconnected hub of our core connections and establishing new ones.
Latitude 53 Contemporary Visual Culture is a vivacious 45 year-old not-for-profit artist-run centre and registered charity that explores the boundaries of contemporary art. Building upon our strong programming history, we create sites for the intersection of contemporary art and ideas in Alberta. Latitude 53 is Alberta’s leading contemporary art centre that animates and promotes thought provoking local, national, and international visual art; stimulates artistic research and education, audience engagement and experimental art practices; and provides a supportive environment for artists taking risks. We would encourage you to explore our website at www.latitude53.org and our blog portal at blog.latitude53.org to discover more about our activities and scope.
This position is a permanent full-time position with a three-month probation period. Ideal for a recent graduate or person interested in arts administration and an entry-level position in arts management. It is open to all candidates including: women, visible minorities, Indigenous heritage, Trans-identified and people with reduced mobility.
To apply, please send a cover letter and c.v. to Todd Janes, Executive Director, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with Admin. Coordinator Search in the subject line by no later than Monday, 26 March 2018 at 5 p.m.
Administrative Coordinator – Work Description
The Administrative Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day operations and administration related to our volunteers, facilities, donors, and members; this position reports to the Executive Director and works with all other Latitude 53 staff and volunteers. A large part of this position focuses upon building quality relationships with new and continuing stakeholders. It is integral that you understand volunteer situations and what motivates and drives individuals to connect and develop loyalties to organizations and projects.
The ideal candidate will be energetic and goal-oriented, will have background in non-profit organizations, and some knowledge of contemporary visual culture in Canada; possess excellent organizational and communication skills; and has experience in database management (knowledge of software such as File Maker Pro and various design programs an asset), bookkeeping, volunteer coordination, public relations, project coordination and grant writing, and basic knowledge of the Canadian funding landscape for not-for-profit organizations and Alberta Gaming policies. Responsibilities fall under the categories of financial management, fundraising, administrative management and documentation.
This position requires 35 hours per week with a salary range of $31,000 – $34,580. Performance is reviewed annually following an initial probation period of three months. This position offers health benefits, and a RSP contribution, and a commitment to professional development including flex-time.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Administrative Coordinator is responsible for coordination of the following areas:
A. Membership and Donor Coordination
• Assisting Executive Director and Development Coordinator with member and donor attraction, management and cultivation;
• ensures proper recognition of donors;
• Creation and documentation of charitable tax receipts;
• members’ relations, including communication and outreach with tools;
• coordination of membership drives; and
• record maintenance for donors and members
B. Volunteer Development and Coordination
• recruiting, retaining, communicating with volunteers for areas of the Society including administration, special events, opening receptions, bingo/casino fundraising events;
• record maintenance of database contact and other pertinent information regarding volunteers;
• communications / volunteer relations;
• planning volunteer recruitment, retention and evaluation strategies; and oversees training; and
• planning volunteer recognition program(s)
C. Gaming Coordination
• works with Executive Director to complete bingo and casino reports; and financial tracking; and
• ensures that there are suitable volunteer resources for ongoing bingo and casino events and grows volunteer pool in gaming area.
D. Administration Support Coordination
Working in partnership with the Executive Director, and is responsible for:
• Ensures support and lead support to volunteer teams and committees in areas of Special Events; and
• Provides volunteer capacity building to core staff team with stakeholders.
E/ Facility Coordination
• Coordination of facility rentals, inquiries, agreements, and inter-staff communications regarding facility usage,
• Markets Latitude 53 for event rentals, and
• Facility maintenance coordination.