Multiple residencies, various deadlines
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Duration: 3 weeks
Since 1982, Atlantic Center for the Arts Master Artists in-Residence Program has provided artists from all artistic disciplines with spaces to live, work, and collaborate during three-week residencies. Each residency includes three master artists of different disciplines. The master artists each personally select a small group of emerging and mid-career ‘Associate Artists’ – through a competitive application process administered by ACA. During the residency, the selected ‘Associate Artists’ work independently on their own projects, participate in discussions with their Master Artist and others in their group, as well as interact or collaborate with artists in other disciplines. The relaxed atmosphere, unstructured program and lush, unspoiled environment provide considerable time for artistic experimentation, exploration and creation.
To see upcoming Master Artists and full schedule see: http://atlanticcenterforthearts.org/residencies/master-artist-residency-…
New Smyrna Beach, Florida: United States
Facilities & Services
- Housing: Private housing (individual apartment/cabin/house)
Housing has air conditioning/heating, work desk, small refrigerator; private bathroom w/shower, and hi-speed wireless internet.
- Meals: All/most meals are provided by organization
Meals: Weekday meals are provided Vegetarian options at all meals; local/fresh/organic ingredients emphasized; special dietary needs addressed; weekend meals not provided; twice-weekly trips to grocery /drug store arranged
- Computer/internet access: Wireless Internet
- Accessibility: housing/grounds/studios are accessible
Four housing units are dedicated to individuals with limited accessibility.
- Studios/special equipment: Dance / Choreography, Digital media, Exhibition / Installation, Fiber arts, Film / Digital editing, Music studio (non-recording), Music recording studio, Painting, Photography (digital), Theater, Sculpture, Woodworking
Additional studio information:
Communal studio spaces with 24-hour access.
- Other facilities and services: Laundry facilities, local pay phone, fax/copier service, bicycles/locks available. Twice-weekly trips to local stores provided.
Stipends / other support
Additional expectations / opportunities
New Smyrna Beach, Florida 32168