Application Fee: $35 USD
Deadline for Applications: March 1, 2018
Applications for residencies are accepted between November and March and are reviewed once a year. To be considered, applications for short-term or year-long residencies must be received at the Bray no later than March 1, 2018.
To apply click on the link at the bottom of the page. It will take you to Slideroom.com which will allow you to register, fill out the application forms and upload your images.
All applications for the 2018–2019 Bray artist in residence program year will be accepted online. By following the link at the bottom of this page you will be taken to Slideroom.com which will allow you to register and upload your images.
- Long-term Residency with Fellowship beginning in the fall of 2018 (1–2 years)
Click here for more information on fellowships.
- Summer Residency with Scholarship between June–October of 2018 (2–4 months)
Click here for more information on scholarships.
- Short-term Residency without Scholarship between October 2018 and June 2019 (1–2 months, limited availability)
When applying please submit the following information:
- Preferred residency choices with preferred start and end dates.
- Educational history
- A brief artist’s statement.
- Letter of intent stating your artistic goals and interests in the Bray’s residency program.
- Contact information of 3 people who can speak to your qualifications as a potential resident. List the name, affiliation, phone number, and email address. Reference letters will not be accepted.
- 20 digital images of your recent work submitted as jpgs with title of the piece, year made, materials and dimensions.**For good image quality and a fast upload, your image files must be sized around 1800 x 1800 pixels at 72 dpi (approximately 6″ x 6″ at 300 dpi). Please do not submit images smaller than this requirement.
$35 USD non refundable application fee.
Once you choose the Submit Portfolio button online you will be asked for your
payment by credit card. We except all major credit cards.
Questions about your application?
For technical support please contact email@example.com
For questions about submission information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Your completed application must be received on or before March 1, 2018.
Archie Bray Foundation for the Ceramic Arts
2915 Country Club Avenue
Helena, MT 59602
Office Phone: 406-443-3502