(Canadian Residents Only)
The Sculptors Society of Canada reviews applications once a year (Sept. 15) for membership. The Society operates with the volunteer efforts of its members and seeks artists who have completed their formal fine art education and demonstrate a professional level of artistic work and interest in contributing to the Society
Please forward the following:
- A completed Application Form. (download below)
- A non-refundable $30. application fee (cheque/money order)payable to the Sculptors Society of Canada.
- A separate $200.(cheque/money order) payable to the Sculptors Society of Canada. This will be returned to you should your application not be accepted.
- A current C.V. documenting your education, exhibition history, residencies, collections, professional affiliations.
- Ten recent works (2 views each) on CD. Fill in Image List portion of application form. Each image must correspond with this list ie: 1a.jpg, 1b.jpg; 2a.jpg, 2b.jpg…etc (max. image size: 1.5mg)
- Artist statement highlighting the development and motivations that inform your work.
- Include small photo / jpeg of yourself for our files on CD.
- SASE (self-addressed stamped regular #10 envelope) for notification of results. CD will not be returned.
- DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 15.
Annual membership fee to the Sculptors Society of Canada is $200 for the first year and $150 for subsequent years. All slides and photos of successful applicants will be added to the resource files at the Canadian Sculpture Centre and will also become part of the SSC archives.
All members are encouraged to participate in the activities of the Society. Therefore, please choose one or more from the following areas for volunteer assignment (TO BE FILLED IN ON THE APPLICATION FORM):
Send submission to:
SSC c/o Canadian Sculpture Centre
500 Church Street
Toronto ON M4Y 2C8