Deadline is April 30, 2018
SNAP welcomes submissions from artists, collectives, curators and collaborations practicing in all printmaking & print-related media (including but not limited to: photography, installation, video, drawing, collage, printed matter).SNAP’s Main Gallery Space is programmed through an annual call for submissions as well as through curated exhibitions.
The Society of Northern Alberta Print-Artists is an Artist-Run Non-profit in Edmonton, Alberta dedicated to the production, presentation and dissemination of Fine Art Printmaking and Contemporary Print Media. The SNAPGallery programs eight Main Gallery exhibitions every year.
For more information on our organization, mandate and to view floor plans please visit www.snapartists.com
Programming is determined annually by peer jury.
Submissions should consist of:
- A project proposal explaining the specifics of the proposed exhibition. (maximum 1 page)
- 15 -20 numbered high quality digital images on OSX Apple-Mac compatible disk
- Corresponding image list indicating the artist’s name, title of work, media and date
- An artist statement, which describes and contextualizes the work presented. (maximum 1 page).
- Curriculum Vitae or artist resume
- 1 – 2 items of support materials as appropriate (DVD, Publications, Print Articles). These support items will not be returned.
Please indicate which works are intended for exhibition or clearly indicate if your proposal includes new works or work in progress, as well as any extraordinary installation requirements, including technical support.
SNAP will be accepting submissions ONLY IN DISC FORM. Please send all written support as a single PDF and images in JPEG form on one CD. Please do not send any paper or include a return envelope. Please do not email submissions.
Digital images: should be in JPEG format, 300 dpi and sized to 1000 pixels maximum on the longest side. File names should correspond to the image list.
Tips for Submitting:
- Please DO NOT EMAIL Submissions
- Please burn all materials to ONE disc: proposal, PDF written support and JPEG images. An additional DVD may be submitted for video work, however please ensure individual clips do not exceed 5 minutes in length.
- Proposals should be clear and concise.
- Make sure that your name and the title of your project is clearly marked on each part of your submission, including all of your support material(s).
- Please do not send PowerPoint presentations, slides, printed images, or VHS tapes, as these will not be reviewed.
- Do not send original works of art.
- Do not submit a website address in lieu of digital files.
- Incomplete proposals or excessive support material will not be reviewed.
For information regarding submissions and the review process, please contact:
Deadline for SNAP Main Gallery Submissions:
Main Gallery Submissions should be addressed to:
c/o Programming Committee
10123 – 121 Street
Edmonton, AB T5N 3W9, Canada
Note: SNAP pays full CAR/FAC fees to Main Gallery Exhibiting Artists