HOF ART Residency Bangkok is the First FULL Serviced Artist Residency and Artist Community in Thailand. Open 24-7 situated in the heart of Bangkok at W District nearby Phrakanong BTS Sky Train ( Sukhumvit 69 – 71) With a 5 stories building consisting of 256 sq.m. loft for exhibition, workshop and various activities. Working space studio area with fully basic equipment. Dorm-type rooms with fully furnished with air-con and Free Wi-Fi and an outdoor common area with full function kitchen and laundry area. Artists all around the world can book for various Residency Programs such as Art & Culture Exchange tour in selected part of Thailand, an Exhibition at the end of Residency, Workshop with local artists for an inspire experience of local communities.on the basis of quality and innovation of work, potential benefits to the applicants, the organization and to the broader art community.
- 2nd floor – Office & Gallery: Office Information and 256 Sq.m. of Loft Space for Rotating Exhibition, Workshop space and Activities.
- 3rd floor – Working Studio: A 16 Sq.m. (4x4m.) of Working Space for individual artist yet and Open Space for artists to join and sharing working ideas along with Basic Equipments. We also providing a space for artist who need only a place for work, a place that an artist can share idea with other artists.
- 4th floor – Residence: Consisting of 9 rooms of Bunk Bed fit with 2 people and 1 Large Room with 2 Bunk Beds fit with a group of 4 and a Balcony with the view of W District Market. All room with air condition. Function Desk and individual Locker for storage. 4 Shower Rooms with hot water and 4 Toilet separated Men and Women and Free Wi-Fi Internet.
- 5th floor – Rooftop: Rooftop and Common Area with fully kitchen supply, Laundry and Dish washing area, Dining Area and relax space to have a little party or Sunday Relax with Scenic of Phrakanong Area. With Cable TV and Free Wi-Fi Internet.
- Surrounding Area: HOF ART Residence Bangkok Situated in the center of W District Market Phrakanong Surrounded by various shops of food and beverages, entertainment with live music and flee market every weekend. It’s the place that easy access with BTS Phrakanog,just right outside Sukhumvit Road.
HOW TO APPLY
We accept applications all year round. Successful artists are chosen on the basis of quality and innovation of work, potential benefits to the applicants, the organization and to the broader art community. Decisions are ultimately subject to the availability of the residency. Disciplines we accept are: visual art, sculpture, ceramic, music, literature, printmaking, film making, and architecture.
Please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com at least 1 month prior to proposed stay.
1 Proposal/outline of project
2 Preferred starting date and duration of visit
3 Source of financial support during intended stay
4 CV (A4)
5 Portfolio digital images of work that has been completed in the past 2 years saved as individual JPEGS at 150-dpi resolution. Film / Video files (10 minutes max.). Materials send digitally via email only at firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
6 Passport copy
Monthly Rate : 35,000 Thb./ Month / Person
- Discount card for HOF café bar,
- BTS Smart Pass
- Free access to workshops at HOF and invitations to art events in Bangkok
- Staff support to produce activities linked to artistic practices; such as workshop, presentation etc.
- Pick up and drop off service for artists from Airport/ Bus/ Train station
- Welcome tour
- Local maps, transport maps and art maps
- Free tea and coffee and drinking water
- Towel and bedding and bin bags provided
Shorter stays can be negotiated but we feel one month is the minimum time to get the best benefits from the residency program. Fees for artist duos and artists accompanied by life partner and family members can be negotiated.
Artists need to pay for their own airfare and transportation to Bangkok, health insurance, visa fees, living expenses, work material and any other expenses.
Once the residency is confirmed, we expect half of the fee to be paid before artists arrive by bank transfer or pay pal (details of which will be sent via email). This is non-refundable and will secure your place in the residency. The second half of the fee must be paid within 7 days of commencing the residency.