The only contemporary art residency program in BANGKOK!
Brand new collaboration between HOF Art and Surface Arts presents an exciting residency program in the heart of Bangkok’s budding art district.
Surface Arts and HOF ART bring artists together from around the world to concentrate on using collaborative practice to generate new work and new audiences. We aim to support the production of ideas and art works to develop understanding between cultures.
Our space is in the hip Sukhumvit area and is a focal point for both emerging and established artists, providing a space for exhibitions and events with two galleries and a café bar. We also have ten studio spaces, along with our resident accommodation, rooftop kitchen and social space. The artists we accept are contemporary artists with an interest or practice in collaboration.
Successful artists are chosen on the basis of quality and innovation of work, potential benefits to the applicants, the organization and to the broader art community.
Proposals should address the applicant’s reasons for wanting to undertake the studio residency and an outline of their projects. Applicants should submit the following information:
1. Proposal/outline of project
2. Preferred starting date and duration of visit
4. Visual material (up to five examples of previous works)
Send to: email@example.com
Feel free to send any further questions you may have.
Residency Fee (Paid by Artists)- 35000THB per month per artist (approx $1300 CAD)
- • Private accommodation
- • Private studio space
- • Use of all public spaces in the building including the roof top kitchen, gallery and café/ bar (Use of the gallery must be negotiated first with the Surface + HOF team.)
- • Discount card for HOF café bar,
- • BTS (Sky train) Smart Pass- 14 trips
- • Free access to workshops at HOF and invitations to art events in Bangkok
- • Staff support to produce activities linked to artistic practices; such as workshop, presentation etc.
- • Pick up and drop off service for artists from Airport/ Bus/ Train station
- • Welcome tour
- • Local maps, transport maps and art maps
- • Free tea and coffee and drinking water
- • Towel and bedding and bin bags provided
- More information on our residency program please visit http://surfacearts.co.uk/hof-surface-residency-bangkok/